SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
(Supposedly) replacement bus service
Campervan Tim

08-10-2014 11:35 AM

The Saturday before last I was on my way back to FH from work when I discovered that there were no Southern trains running. I wasnt aware of this as I hadnt seen any posters to the effect during the week and I had gone to work via a different means. I asked staff there whether I should take the replacement bus or take the tube to Canada Water to pick up the Overground. I was advised to do the latter.

Once I got to CW I discovered that the the OG only went to Surrey Quays and from there it was a replacement bus. So I went to Surrey Quays and when I eventually found the right stop (unclear signage and no staff directing people) and waited some 20 minutes for a bus, I discovered that said buses were only running to New Cross Gate, from where I needed to take the rail replacement that was coming from London Bridge.

After 15 minutes one duly arrived and was so packed it was dangerous, and very few of the 40 or 50 people waiting with me could get on.

So I shelled out and took a cab.

To describe the communication and customer service as poor would be over complimenting TFL and Southern

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: (Supposedly) replacement bus service - Campervan Tim - 08-10-2014 11:35 AM