SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, English, & More - Nunhead
languagelounger

09-08-2008 07:49 AM

Hello

I'm writing to introduce The Language Lounge, which is south London's first meet-up group for people who want to learn, revive and practise their languages.

We meet every second Thursday in the function room of the Ivy House, 40 Stuart Road, SE15 3BE, from 7 to 10.30pm. Next meet-up is on Thursday August 21.

Currently we offer small friendly classes in French (false beginners upwards), Spanish (beginner to advanced) Italian (beginner class/more advanced conversation), Portuguese (beginners/more advanced conversation) and English (intermediate). We also have members who are looking for classes/language swaps in Russian, Swedish, Albanian, Indonesian, Mandarin and Shona.

So far membership has been free but we may need to introduce a small fee soon, not least because of the waste of resources from some people booking classes but not turning up.

If you would like to join the group please take a look at the website: http://language.meetup.com/126/ .

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

09-08-2008 08:39 AM

Sounds an excellent idea and I'll definitely be looking into it however time is a scarce resource for me at the moment so I'll need to think carefully. Unfortunately I've been on the Linguaphone Spanish course for several years now for that reason.....

languagelounger

09-08-2008 01:21 PM

Understand....exactly why we got a language meet-up started locally - I was a member of the ones that meet in town but got there about once a year.

For practical reasons we do need to have some idea of how many people want to do a class on each evening, if you can send a one line email by about 4pm on the day, to say you'll be there or not, that's fine.

Also doesn't matter if you have to come late - everyone's working so we understand how it goes.

best wishes

Francesca

Foresters

12-08-2008 10:30 PM

This sounds great. A shame the next session conflicts with the Public Meeting about Forest Hill Pools - 7pm Thursday 21 August. Sad

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields