SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Brockley Corridor proposed improvements
Baboonery

28-08-2014 11:27 AM

I think widening footways and reducing carriageway width at a number of already significant traffic-snarl points is going to do nobody any good. 'Improved public realm?' Fix the pavements and occasionally clean them, don't make them wider. On-street parking on the northbound approach to the HOP junction? Really? Bizarre.

Raised table doesn't 'distinguish an area', it's just an unnecessary expense and annoyance. As someone who lives on the continuation of the 'Brockley Corridor' at its southern end, the 'Southern Gateway' (please) needs a 'sense of arrival' no more than it needs a giant inflatable parrot.

'Oh, it'll create a more pedestrian-focused environment'. Perhaps. And make the area positively dreadful for buses. A lot of whose users are precisely the people who don't have cars (neither do I). Still, CARS BAD, eh? Must remember that before all else.

I admire the intent behind this, but find much of it misguided, and an artificial attempt to create a 'place' where there isn't one.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Brockley Corridor proposed improvements - Baboonery - 28-08-2014 11:27 AM