SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Business Lunch
robwinton

08-08-2008 12:56 PM

A previous attempt at this has gone to a better home (see the 23 Club thread) but my original intention was to set up a regular lunch get-together for those of us who have a local business and who are therefore in Forest Hill or Honor Oak during the day.

There are two main reasons:

1. If you run a business it is always useful to meet others and share ideas, support, networking for new ideas and opportunities and so on

2. There are local businesses, especially the lunch venues like Touareg, Provender and Lemon Grove (and soon Tapastry too?) who are suffering from a lack of regular business traffic (if there were more offices around we'd see greater choice in this area)

If you have a business, or even if you don't but are around during the day for whatever reason, and would like to meet others and support local venues, why not come along to an occasional event? This is not a BusinessLink event, it is just an informal get-together

I don't want to interfere with the timing of the 23 Club, so maybe we can make this earlier in the month? How about we try it once in early September and take it from there?

Suggestion:
Date: Wednesday 10th September at 13:00
Venue: Touareg (London Road)
Bonus: If allowed, I shall bring a bottle of one of my wines to "taste" - it's my business after all.

Any takers? Hopefully this time it will be more than just myself and Admin!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

08-08-2008 07:42 PM

Unfortunately I probably will not be able to attend as I intend to be working again in central London by then.

robwinton

11-08-2008 03:30 PM

Well, I'm torn as I'd love to have you there of course, but also hope you are busy on that day!

Smile

I've had an OK to taste the wine with lunch, so a bottle or two of "samples" could be laid on for those interested.

robwinton

06-09-2008 09:07 PM

I feel a little like I am talking to myself, but are there any takers for a lunch on Wednesday this week? I will probably go along anyway, but it would be nice to know other might pop along!?

bigjulie

07-09-2008 10:37 PM

Hey Rob

Yep, I am around and would love to do lunch (kids are back at school). See you there....

robwinton

08-09-2008 09:19 PM

Thanks BigJulie

Looks like there are a few more people who might come (not all on this site) so hopefully we'll get a few more to join us - otherwise lots of wine for us!

Smile

robwinton

11-09-2008 12:22 PM

The inaugural (albeit relaunched) lunch was a fun event and we now have a core of 5 "lunchers" who are looking forward to more such events in the near future.

For the record we managed to discuss Social Media, PR, book design, adult numeracy, Rioja wine, twitter, pools, international travel, Sarah Brown, blackberry, Moo.com and business cards, miniature railways and BaggyDave amongst many topics.

If you weren't able to come along to this one but want to come next time, leave a response here and remember to click the "email notification" button to stay in touch with plans.

I think the next event might be early November. Timing and venue details to follow.

Thanks very much to those who came along (and glad you liked the wine)!

robwinton

11-09-2008 12:27 PM

Oh, and one more thing ..

Most of those who came had not come to Touareg before. I hope that the experience was a good one (my lamb cous cous was lovely) and I do hope that more of us who are around during the day can support this local venue, and others, as the owner really is trying very hard to do something different and we must encourage more businesses to make similar investments in the area.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields