SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Women in pubs
Honor man

18-08-2014 01:05 PM

What do you think? Discuss...

Genuine answers only, please.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sydenhamcentral

18-08-2014 01:18 PM

Pub = Public House.
Women are members of the public.
Therefore women should be allowed in pubs.

People who have too much to drink, who are offensive or abusive, either physically or verbally, of any gender, shouldn't be allowed in pubs.

Honor man

18-08-2014 01:24 PM

Completely agree about violent and abusive people being banned from pubs, no one wants to entertain an evening surrounded by these idiots.

However, i do feel women shouldn't be allowed in pubs Mon-Thurs. Weekends, yes, 100%, they provide a nice balance, some are nice to look at and of course, many men like to pull women at the weekends. But i think midweek, if football on (champions league for example) women shouldn't be allowed into pubs.

kadrylka

18-08-2014 01:33 PM

seriously, what sort of question is it?????????!!!!!!!Thumbdown

katie one

18-08-2014 01:39 PM

Ha ha ha, Honor Man I think I saw you walking down the road the other day, dragging your knuckles.

God, I thought my other half was a neanderthal, but you leave him standing

Honor man

18-08-2014 01:51 PM

My knuckles are fine and don't drag along the ground, thank you very much.

Come on, this is a serious question and NOT based on being sexist, but how often when you go to a pub to watch the match midweek, is it ruined by some noisy bird getting in the way of the TV or cackling with her dippy mates about nail polish or lipstick or something. Men have a natural respect for others watching sport and will actively ensure that they don't disturb their fellow man if the game is on. Don't believe me? Well make a note of this post next time you're midweek and the pub has let women in, because i can ASSURE you this'll happen.

I'm happy for a nice, sexy, large chested and slightly chatty bird in a low cut top and very short skirt to work behind the bar (love it when they bend over to get a bag of crisps out the box on the floor - lovely view)! But that's about it, midweek at least.

This post was last modified: 18-08-2014 01:53 PM by Honor man.

rshdunlop

18-08-2014 02:21 PM

Hmm. Creative trolling from someone with a grudge against SE22. Reminds me of someone a bit wolfish.

Honor man

18-08-2014 02:33 PM

This is the problem with forums today. For the record i am NOT trolling, these are my opinions, you may agree with them or not, but they are mine. Yes, i do have an issue with SE22, it's a dump filled with wallies and children, but again, it's my opinion.

Duckling

18-08-2014 03:21 PM

Honor Man has made some pretty misogynistic remarks that have been tolerated or laughed off by some of the more sensible members of the forum but surely this is the point where humorous engagement ends? Its going a bit beyond bemusing as someone who otherwise finds this forum a very helpful source of information and local news.

rshdunlop

18-08-2014 03:28 PM

He claims not to be a troll, but his latest posting here seems entirely designed to get a reaction. Not having managed to get people jumping up and down in fury so far, he has upped the ante. I, for one, am not biting.

Honor man

18-08-2014 03:47 PM

Duckling, you sound like one of these young people who are desperate to be old! Live a little honey pie, explore your barriers, open your sexual side. Dont be afraid, we could make some good hard love.

digime

18-08-2014 03:50 PM

Big Bad Wolf had a wider repertoire than Honour Man and was funnier.

rshdunlop

18-08-2014 03:52 PM

That's true. I had a soft spot for BBW, before he went off the rails, and the radar.

This post was last modified: 18-08-2014 03:52 PM by rshdunlop.

Honor man

18-08-2014 03:54 PM

So it's normal for people on this forum to gang up on an individual? You'll notice i've NEVER Done that, nor would I.

Time some of you looked in the mirror and grew up. Doesn't hurt to be nice, but clearly for some of you it's nice to hurt.

Tarquin

18-08-2014 03:57 PM

Even though it's not - politically correct I don't like cackling females who talk about lipstick and other non-sense and I'm a female who wears lipstick. That behaviour is too stereo-typical and lets the side down for normal people who aren't involved in some constructed gender warfare.
Women's football is good too - with out using that as some gender-biased weapon.

I feel sorry for men they really are cast as the enemy these days and how they cope with Christmas I'll never know.

Saying that Forest Hill is a dump is far too generous - so sad so much potential - if only someone would empty the bins by the side of the road at the end of Perry Vale that have been there for at least 8 months stinking the place out.

Honor man

18-08-2014 04:04 PM

Thanks Tarquin, you sound like a good buxom decent womanly woman. Drink sometime?

Tarquin

18-08-2014 06:13 PM

Hello Honor Man or Oak or whatever you're called - no need to thank me and I'm not this buxom thing you describe.
First rule on the path to wisdom - never make assumptions especially about anonymous people talking on sites like this.
However my previous post was an honest one and I will say now - honestly I don't go for drinks - I find it beneath me.
I also don't like people ganging up on other people who express an opinion that is not democracy.
Best fun in the world - spearing sacred cows and views based on reactionary fantasy.
Do you ever get bored with predictable people rising to your verbal bait?

This post was last modified: 18-08-2014 06:20 PM by Tarquin.

Tinkerbell

19-08-2014 09:04 AM

Oh, the sock puppet has a sidekick now. Hours of fun to be had.

Jane2

19-08-2014 05:03 PM

Yes Honor Man this is trolling, because you are posting inflammatory comments, upsetting people, causing arguments, and being deliberately provocative to cause outrage. Please don't pretend this is just your 'opinion' as you know full well what you are doing. You have made sexist remarks, and sexually suggestive comments to other posters. Please stop trolling SE23.com which is a good, trusting, community forum and not the place for this.
This will my first and last post on this thread as I do not think it deserves any more attention.

Bcm

19-08-2014 05:31 PM

I'm calling sock puppet on Tarquin too. Admin?

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields