SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Flash Floods
bonobo

15-08-2014 07:56 AM

Given the "biblical" rain yesterday in South East London, do you guys had flash floods in your basements /cellars? I read that a man in Forest Hill was rescued from his flooded basement yesterday.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jane_D

15-08-2014 08:54 AM

Nasty. We don't have a basement but for the first time our patio 'flooded', rather than the water draining away into the lower part of the garden.

Londondrz

15-08-2014 11:17 AM

Waldenshaw Road was flooded to a point where bins on the pavement resembled grey and green ships. Its a pity the council have not unblocked the drains as I have requested for the last year, hopefully the photo I sent to them of the large boating lake will have some effect.

Snazy

15-08-2014 04:14 PM

Yup apparently it was Sunderland Road the flooded basement occurred in. Sure did come down, and nice of the Met Office to issue a Yellow Alert 15 mins into it all.

I have noticed that a lot of gullys / drains around Forest Hill are blocked, and have started reporting them when I see them.
If you know of one that is blocked causing road or pavement flooding, Lewisham advise to report them here..

http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/tr...drain.aspx

armadillo

19-08-2014 08:03 AM

Thanks for the link Snazy, I'll certainly be making use of it!

Derby Hill Crescent got quite bad. For the second send time in as many months we had what I can only describe as a torrent of water flooding down our front drive - this time building up to a height of ~40cm up the front door, and inevitably into the house. Spent most of the evening mopping up floors and pumping out the basement Sad

Still, in comparison to the guy who needed rescuing, I consider myself getting off lightly.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields