SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Decent grocery stores in Wynell Rd area?
Yasmine

07-08-2014 01:27 PM

The turkish shop on Sydenham High Steet offers much better quality produce than the one in Catford, which I used when I first moved here. I don' t recall its name, despite shopping there at least once a week for the last two years. It's clean and the fruit and vegetables are fresh. Their lamb chops, at 18,99 per kilo, are excellent. They have a massive selection of pulses, olives, tahini, herbal teas, halloumi cheese and of course the breads you like, large white and brown pitas, turskish focaccia style breads ( try them toasted, they are so good) and much more. They are close to the post office, I tend to park in the council car park, not far from the coop and from there, it is a very shor walk. It is really a shame, but I have been using the Sydenham High Street much more than our own here, since they have a good baker, fishmonger, bookstore etc. Also, recently trees have been planted and the pavements done up. It looks great. Forest Hill is going from being a sum of its fried chicken and barber shops to be a collection of "aspirational" coffee shops. I am not sue how much more footfall we can achieve here if we don't make a high street useful first, before turning into a much loved chichi avenue some people seem to crave, devoid of a Morrison s , God forbid.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Decent grocery stores in Wynell Rd area? - Yasmine - 07-08-2014 01:27 PM