SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Mayow Park Café Openings
Mayow Park

31-07-2014 03:23 PM

We're expecting an actual 11th August opening for the new café - that's Laura & Jess's intention, but not 100% confirmation.

But the official opening, Sunday August 31st, by Sydenham's new councillor, Rachel Onikosi, with the ribbon cutting by Perry Vale Councillor, Susan Wise.

Mayow Park's two cricket teams are also organising a community picnic that day, at which cricketers will be introducing youngsters to the game with a version, originally from Australia, called Kwik Cricket. Something like this flyer coming to a letter box near you soon ...

This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 03:28 PM by Mayow Park.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

11-08-2014 09:18 AM

The new cafe in Mayow Park has indeed opened this morning.
Another good reason to pop down to Mayow Park.

sydenhamcentral

11-08-2014 10:18 AM

It looks fantastic inside. I love the grass strip with the stumps under the till, it's really fun.

The sign maker who did a lot of the interior (as well as the signage) was Butler Dsigns. It's good to give credit where credit is due. He's a really nice guy too.

It's great that people here are really taking pride in their business. I can't wait to go in and use them them, I've heard lots of good things about them. There are some exciting places opening up at the moment, from On The Hoof's Bistro in Sydenham, Fig & Pistachio and Bar 161 in Kirkdale among others.

Mayow Park

11-08-2014 03:48 PM

Yes - I loved that idea of the wicket leading up to the counter!

Jane_D

19-08-2014 10:19 AM

Excellent coffee too, and my nephew pronounced their millionaire's shortbread the best cake he had ever tasted.

Jane2

04-09-2014 12:27 PM

Had a lovely visit to Mayow Park today, firstly breakfast in the lovely new cafe, it was very tasty indeed, and the staff nice and friendly. It will be so great to have somewhere to go for loos and hot chocolate during winter park visits! The cafe interior is great, and I thought the menu was good - not too fancy, but not too basic either, just right.

Then we had a visit to the Community Garden, always a pleasure, they were running a nature workshop for children.

Very proud of my local area.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mayow Park Café Operators Announced! Mayow Park 0 3,861 22-04-2014 09:38 PM
Last Post: Mayow Park