SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Break-In at the Butchery
robwinton

31-07-2014 02:02 PM

Sad to learn that the wonderful The Butchery on London Road was broken into last night (30/7) or this morning.

No-one hurt or much damage done, but lots of the best stock was taken. They are still open today but with reduced range.

I assume no-one has been offered any "special price" on meat by someone around the area today by any chance?

I'm sure they'd appreciate the support if anyone felt they wanted something for the end of the week ...

This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 02:03 PM by robwinton.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robbrockley

31-07-2014 05:20 PM

There are some absolute ba****ds around. Why oh why would you do that. I know people are desperate but the Butchery are a small local business trying to make a living. This is a real shame. I hope the culprits will get caught.

Londondrz

31-07-2014 05:31 PM

Gutted to hear this. Nathan, Ruth and all at The Butchery have tried really hard. I hope they catch the scum that did this and they actually get more than a slap on the wrist.

Benderish

31-07-2014 11:18 PM

Bloody low lifes. Pity they didn't slip on a knife...

Londondrz

01-08-2014 10:38 AM

Just popped in to buy some meat and offer what support I can. It hacks me off that a local business which has integrated so well into FH is targeted in such a way.

In terms of the perpetrator, lets watch this space.

Chris88

01-08-2014 11:37 AM

Wow don't they have a shutter over the front of the shop? Seems like a lot of effort just for some meat! Crazy.

I'll make sure I go in this weekend and support the shop.

Red67

01-08-2014 12:07 PM

Just a truly awful thing to happen to them. I hope they can tighten their security to prevent it happening again. Unfortunately it's not unusual...during the 80's my fathers butchers shop in Shropshire was turned over on at least 3 occasions that i can remember and he had the place pretty well secured, so they were very determined. The thieves turned out to be a professional gang who were stealing from several shops to then take the meat to markets for sale out of the back of refrigerated vans...It wouldn't surprise me if a similar racket was going on here. I use the Butchery to buy all my meat and it's one of the highlights of living here for me, so i'll be continuing to support them and would urge everyone to do the same.

robwinton

01-08-2014 04:57 PM

I'm sure they will appreciate that.

The break-in was via the back window, so the shutter was not the issue, sadly. Let's hope it was a one-off.

nottinghillbilly

01-08-2014 08:53 PM

I echo what everyone else has said.
We will be shopping there tomorrow to show our support.
I guess that the warmer nights and summer holidays may well see a rise in street crime and burglary.
sad but I fear true.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields