SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Mugged on Garthorne Rd
Tinkerbell

31-07-2014 11:42 PM

Hi aimee_p,
Very sorry to hear that, and I too hope that it won't put you off the area.

I often walk along Garthorne around that time (not yesterday, but the day before), sometimes even later and have never felt unsafe. This may be little consolation for you right now, but let's hope it will remain an isolated incident. A police van just did the rounds here about an hour ago - probably a good idea that they're showing a presence for a while.

Funnily enough, I also noticed a few older youth hanging about by the flats at the end in the last few days, in the afternoon. They don't live there. Two days ago one of them went along the wall as if he was going to ring the bell at one of the doors, but just took a pee against the wall right there instead, then calmly walked back to the street and took a good look at a bike that was chained there at the entrance of Garthorne. Classy. They only left when one of the residents (adult) at the block of flat started staring at them rather angrily. I'm not saying these youth had anything to do with this, just an observation since robbrockley mentioned it.

All the Best, hope you can get over this!!

This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 11:43 PM by Tinkerbell.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Mugged on Garthorne Rd - aimee_p - 31-07-2014, 12:29 PM
RE: Mugged last night on Garthorne Rd - Tinkerbell - 31-07-2014 11:42 PM
RE: Mugged on Garthorne Rd - Southlonder - 01-08-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: Mugged on Garthorne Rd - jaradras - 01-08-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: Mugged on Garthorne Rd - lulu - 05-08-2014, 02:19 PM
RE: Mugged on Garthorne Rd - aimee_p - 06-08-2014, 07:31 AM