SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
What is there to do?
aneey

05-08-2008 12:09 PM

Hi all,
I've recently moved into the area and am looking fo rthings to do. i have currently got a fractured wrist and I'm unable to work until earliest october. I am usually a very active person but due to my wrist and a new location, Im not sure what there is to do..
Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

05-08-2008 12:40 PM

To start with visit the Horniman museum and spend some time going round.
There are local woods to walk round (Sydenham/Dulwich woods) and a comedy club in the centre of Forest Hill for a laugh in the evening.

But make sure you don't miss out on daytime TV. The plot twists in Jeremy Kyle are truly remarkable and the strategic thinking required for Deal or No Deal keeps the brain switched off.

The other thing to do is post on se23.com but it can be a bit addictive.

Applespider

05-08-2008 12:53 PM

It's worth noting that the Hob is closed for weekend comedy until September since the majority of the country's comdedians are up in Edinburgh. The Thursday pub quiz is still on though.

How new to the wider area are you? Or how otherwise mobile - car/public transport etc? If new to London as a whole, there are some fabulous London walks books which take you round lots of little nooks and crannies that you might not otherwise go to.

If it's just the closer area, then when you come out of Dulwich/Sydenham Woods, try exploring Dulwich Village and round Herne Hill. Most of them have some interesting little shops etc that aren't entirely practical but good for a wander. Once you're cast-less (and the weather's better and the kids aren't off school), it's not too far to Brockwell Lido either.

aneey

05-08-2008 12:54 PM

thanks michael i will try ...

all other suggestions are welcome

Londondrz

05-08-2008 12:54 PM

I am off for two weeks at the moment after an op. Just took my first little walk today and went down to the cafe for a coffee. Read the paper and cought up o some emails. Didnt realise I had been there nearly two hours. Loads to do round here, go look at the library, as discussed have a look at the Horniman. Go have a laugh at Forest Hill Central and wonder who would buy a one bed flat for the price they are going for (apart from train spotter).

Go for a pint in The Hob and then a walk up the Dartmouth Road to look at the assortment of shops and then onto the library and swimming pool. Take a right at the library to the top of the hill, turn right up the mini roundabout and admire the view then down to the right straight to the Horniman.

Dont forget that the train is only 17 min to London Bridge and onto all that London has to offer.

Fish Face

05-08-2008 11:18 PM

Have you thought about getting Sky tv installed? Sad

Londondrz

06-08-2008 08:56 AM

I have cable and it's fantastic. Over 100 channels of repeatsCrying

Fish Face

06-08-2008 10:16 AM

Not forgetting of course the mighty supermarket down in Lower sydenham. You could spend the whole morning walking the aisles, using the internet cafe and having your lunch there.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields