SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Cross Rail 2
michael

19-06-2014 01:24 PM

The earlier proposal was to have one branch going through Dalston and the other to Hackney Central. The new idea is to branch further north and either go through Dalston or Hackney Central, not both.

My response to the consultation was a single line that stops at Haggerston and Hackney Central. This would save the cost of the two tunnels but would keep the costs and benefits of the interchange with both branches of the Overground.

However, I think Crossrail 2 is of very little benefit to South East Londoners, and we shouldn't pretend that one option is better for us than another, both are completely irrelevant to the major transport issues in South East London, even for users of the Overground. I'm still in favour of Crossrail 2 to relieve congestion at Victoria.

With the completion of Thameslink (North-South), Crossrail 1 (East-West), Crossrail 2 (SW-NE), and HS2 for the NW, the only part of London that requires a major new tunnel is the SE - possibly the Bakerloo line extension - the cheapest of the lot by far.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Cross Rail 2 - Gaz - 19-06-2014, 12:23 PM
RE: Cross Rail 2 - michael - 19-06-2014 01:24 PM
RE: Cross Rail 2 - Gaz - 19-06-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: Cross Rail 2 - clausy - 22-06-2014, 01:07 PM