SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
HOP Sainsburys delivery trucks parking
PJT

17-06-2014 10:24 AM

On the issue of the lorry being parked on the street on Saturday 14 June at 1.30pm - I can shed some light on this. When I popped in to do my shopping on Saturday, one of staff who I always have a friendly banter with, said that unfortunately the lorry's tail-lift had broken down and all their fresh goods were stuck in the lorry. They were perturbed that the driver had just left the lorry there but it was out of their hands. So there's an explanation for why it was there on the street at 1.30pm.

On Sunday when I was shopping in the morning I saw the same member of staff and asked him how long they had had to wait for the tail-lift to be working - he said it was 4.30pm before it was fixed and the staff had to work flat out that evening to unload everything and restock the shelves.

I actually live on HOP and having Sainsbury's very nearby is a great advantage. I have nothing but praise for the staff and management - they are all extremely friendly and helpful. On several occasions I have asked if it would be possible for them to stock a particular item and these items have all been stocked within a few days. It's great to be able to buy fresh fruit and veg and meats - it certainly beats dragging shopping home to HOP whilst commuting from work.

I love to shop local and use as many of the shops on the Parade that I can but in my personal opinion Sainsbury's has done a lot for the street - even my hairdresser has been opening on Sundays to make the most of the extra footfall brought to the street.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: HOP Sainsburys delivery trucks parking - PJT - 17-06-2014 10:24 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Parking machine in Sainsburys car park. Wilson 8 11,051 10-12-2011 09:31 AM
Last Post: shzl400