SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Thank you, anonymous street cleaner
thenutfield

05-06-2008 12:39 PM

I live in Pery Vale. I suppose because it is a main road, it gets swept every day (Mon-Fri).
I wanted to raise this at the PV ward meeting the other night, but there wasn't really the oppurtunity - but I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the man who sweeps my bit of the street (I think other workers may take care of other sections of the street).
He is there day in day out, sweeping the pavements. It must be a thankless task - inconsiderate litter droppers, loads of leaves and other stuff from trees (although there is not one single street tree in Perry Vale, chiz, there are plenty of trees overhanging the pavement), plus all the road muck.
I nod a greeting to him when I see him, but i dont know his name. An unsung hero!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brian

05-06-2008 01:41 PM

I 100% agree, tyhe streets and the underpass are much cleaner than in the past. I , like you , always say hallo to them.

Dotcom

05-06-2008 02:11 PM

Another hard working and dedicated public sector worker.

Elizabeth25

05-06-2008 02:15 PM

Is he the old man who tends to wear earphones? He is very sweet. I always nod hello when I pass him in the morning on Siddons Rd.

brian

09-08-2008 04:34 PM

I think the ones near me especially have been doing a great job. I cannot recall the pavements ever being cleaner. Also applies to tunnel.
Am I the only one to notice this. Praise when praise due.

Fish Face

10-08-2008 12:17 PM

I agree.
I've wanted to tip the guy that does Devonshire Road at Christmas but not sure how to go about it!

councillorsusanwise

11-08-2008 08:18 AM

thank you all for the positive comments about Lewisham's street cleaners. They work very hard and it shows. In 2007, Lewisham lost to Ipswich-a smaller town, with different demographics- in the Cleanest Streets in Britain competition. This year, we are aiming higher. |shall pass the comments on to the operatives.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields