SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Jenner Health Centre
Aztec

16-05-2014 12:55 PM

We are moving into the area so need to sign up with a local doctorS surgery. I have already checked and we are within the catchment area for Jenner Health Centre - if you are registered there, how do you find it? Are you able to get appointments etc?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
foresthillfan

16-05-2014 02:15 PM

Good GPS at the Jenner, I think everywhere is pretty similar regarding lenghth of time to get an appointment.

michael

16-05-2014 03:02 PM

The number of GPs at the Jenner makes it more likely they have a free slot. Fortunately I have not needed to visit very often in the last 35 years I've been registered with them, but I suspect it is one of the best options for GPs in the area.

BillieJameson

16-05-2014 03:11 PM

The Jenner has a good selection of GPs. Have been with them for many years and been well looked after when I've needed it. You can book appointments and sort out repeat prescriptions on line. But I think it's the same as lots of places - if you go down on spec for an early appointment you'll find lots of quite senior (being careful here!) ahead of you when they've probably got all day and you want to get to work.

Tersie

16-05-2014 03:33 PM

The Jenner have been brilliant and looked after me well, i've only had good experiences - nice doctors / nurses.

robbrockley

16-05-2014 05:59 PM

They are generally very good - both Drs and Nurses excellent. Receptionists sometimes leave a bit to be desired but some are very pleasant and helpful. Usually not too bad to get appointments. Just wish they would a 'workers only' morning and/or a Saturday morning session.

sixer

21-05-2014 12:39 PM

I called up the other day for an appointment for our 3-year-old and was told the first available was in 10 days' time - by which time he would have got better on his own! I asked about cancellations to see if it could be brought forward, and miraculously a slot appeared for the following day.

Definitely agree that after hours / weekend session should be available.

Goxery

25-05-2014 11:08 AM

I have nothing but good things to say about Jenner, everyone I dealt with there - receptionist, nurse and doctor - was excellent. They're miles ahead of the surgeries I used to go to in Fulham and Islington

Mr_Numbers

01-06-2014 08:55 AM

I agree. We've have nothing but good experiences at the Jenner. Almost always the need for a GP has arisen overnight (that's what 3am is for - a special time of day for children to get sick) or it's a case of 'go to bed and see how you feel in the morning' - so we've never had a problem getting an appointment 'on the day' whether by the phone system they used to have, their website or by just sending someone healthy to go and stand in the queue at 07.30.

You probably do have to be early in the morning to do that, but they obviously block their diary so that they have X appointments available on the day, Y appointments available for booking several days in advance, etc.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  For users of the baby Clinic at Jenner Health Centre roz 0 5,324 21-04-2010 04:40 PM
Last Post: roz