SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Fairlawn Nursery - Proposed Change in Hours
Aztec

29-05-2014 08:30 AM

Please see link below to thread about this on ED forum:

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/...51,1329774

Has this affected anyone? Have you written to Hania Ryans?

I have written to both Hania Ryans and Robyn Fairman (chair of governors) about the underhanded way these changes are being implemented. There has been no proper consultation with parents or even nursery staff. Many parents had chosen Fairlawn nursery based on the hours being offered - one full day and four half days - only to be told after offer letters had already gone out that this was changing. The letter pretends to be a consultation when actually we are being asked to choose a drop off time, none of which are convenient. It is not really asking for our thoughts. It is being rushed through in the middle of the summer term without any proper warning. I really do not feel that this is the way a significant change should be introduced.

I have pointed out in my letter (inconvenience of new drop off times aside) that I have 3 other children who have previously been at nursery, 2 of which had 5 half days & 1 at Fairlawn who had 1 full day & 4 half days. My child with one full day a week was the one who was best prepared for the transition to Reception.

This post was last modified: 29-05-2014 08:36 AM by Aztec.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Changes to Fairlawn nursery - Aztec - 29-05-2014 08:30 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fairlawn nursery to close roz 19 19,135 24-02-2016 03:31 PM
Last Post: P1971