SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Honor Oak Park Action Group
BarCar

27-07-2008 07:53 AM

Early days... but a new action group seems to be forming specifically for Honor Oak Park - championing the area and encouraging improvements. This week they got the railings at the station repainted and cleared the rubbish behind them.

More information at http://honoroak.blogspot.com/ if you are interested.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brian

27-07-2008 08:24 AM

Is this a UDI from SE 23. Is your leader Ian Smith.

BarCar

27-07-2008 10:40 AM

I don't think so - I haven't contacted the organisers yet but they have links to Forest Hill Society and other local groups on their blog. I will suggest they link here as well.

Tinkerbell

29-07-2008 11:55 AM

Love their idea to put more moo bins out there - they look fab!

Ghis

30-07-2008 02:40 PM

Brilliant idea this group. I am trying to find some time or ways to help. Let's hope a lot of people get on board.

RussB

01-08-2008 11:19 PM

Tinkerbell wrote:
Love their idea to put more moo bins out there - they look fab!

The action group is collecting money to pay for a moo bin for HOP. You can donate over at the blog: http://honoroak.blogspot.com/

Tinkerbell

02-08-2008 09:19 AM

RussB - cheers for the link, will donate some Moo Dollars towards it!

Tersie

03-08-2008 06:50 PM

I have just donated some money too - It is a great idea and good to see a new action group keen to improve the HOP area. I am happy to help out where I can too Smile

councillorsusanwise

04-08-2008 12:39 PM

I was very pleased to visit Honor Oak Park station last Thursday morning and see the great work the HOAG were doing with planting the new plants and tudying up the area. I visited with my Lewisham's Cabinet Member for Customer Services hat on, although I know the area well and was a councillor for FH from 1998-2006, and with one of LBL's lead officers we spoke with HOAG about the related issues of bins, litter, flytipping and recycling. These issues are being addressed, and I have written to the Town Centre Manager, Julie Sutch, in order for her to tackle the shop owners about what they can, and in some cases should be doing, to help.
Keep up the good work HOAG!
S

kingfisher

07-08-2008 09:26 PM

On the one hand I am delighted that Susan is taking an interest in Honor Oak Park. But the shop owners will not have time to deal with the litter problem as they are all struggling to stay in business in the face of competion and huge hikes in their rent.

Did anyone see the picture of them in a recent issue of the Mercury. I asked one of them about it and they are having a really rough time, they deserve our support, that street was a dump 6 years ago when they started to invest in their own communities, they are all local people.

Now that TFL have used our Con charge money to re-lay all of the pavements the landlords think they have another Lordship Lane revival coming. We actually have a property slump coming - oh its here already.

It may be lovely for the ladies to gain one beauty parlour but its no good if its the only business left open. Property prices have definately improved since the restaurants and others arrived - and left again, losing them will have the opposite effect.

Ghis

22-10-2008 10:55 AM

Well done for getting the bins removed and the new scheme introduced!

I noticed the horrible overflowing bins were missing this morning on my way to work and turned round when I got the station to admire the nice new street.

http://honoroak.blogspot.com/

hopper

22-10-2008 11:13 AM

It's wonderful! Has made a massive difference already.

But we all need to keep up the pressure on the council to extend the scheme after 12 weeks. They previously introduced the brown bin scheme for garden rubbish which was a great idea but that's now been axed.

hoppy

26-10-2008 10:26 AM

I agree - removing the bins is an excellent start. Well done to all.

councillorsusanwise

27-10-2008 10:02 AM

Thank you for the positive comments about the improvements at Honor Oak Park Station. It has been a pleasure to work with such enthusiastic and environmentally friendly residents! As to the green waste collection in the brown bins; that was a pilot scheme only, and programmed to run for 6 months last year in order to help inform Lewisham's new waste strategy which will I shall take to the Mayor in November for his agreement and approval.

hopper

27-10-2008 12:00 PM

Well the current bin bag collection on HOP is described as a pilot scheme only - that's what worries me!

Does that mean that the brown wheelie bins might be making a comeback as part of the new strategy?

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Thu 10/9/15 7pm: Practical Action SE London Group Open Meeting admin 0 3,323 30-08-2015 06:32 PM
Last Post: admin
  Knitting group at The Honor Oak theredfraggle 0 3,319 13-04-2012 09:16 AM
Last Post: theredfraggle
  Honor Oak Park residents association/group? EleanorA 4 7,306 04-04-2011 09:02 AM
Last Post: Tim Lund
  HOP Action Group - Locality Funding Survey RussB 3 5,310 10-09-2008 02:33 PM
Last Post: admin