SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Mugged on Dartmouth Road
LS74

26-07-2008 04:56 PM

Was mugged by 3 teenagaers latish (12.30am) on Friday night. Was walking along Dartmouth road and was pushed (or grabbed) into one of the small alleyways opposite Derby Hill and had my phone stolen along with a small bag containing my possessions (wallet, sunglasses etc). They struggled to get the bag off me as it was wrapped around my shoulder then said something about getting a knife so didnt fancy finding out if they had one or not so in the end they got all the things off me and run off up Derby Hill. Went to see the bouncers at Question Bar and told them what happenned and could they call the police. They told me not there problem and to go away.

Police response was pretty good and robbery team investigating but know its unlikely they will be found. So just a warning to others walking back late watch out for little thugs lurking in alleyways as it seemed like a well rehearsed routine.

Also now have a very low opinion of Question Bar (not that I had high opinion in first place as its c**p)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Happysnapper

26-07-2008 05:51 PM

So sorry to hear you got mugged Ohmy Glad you gave up your stuff rather than chancing it to see how far they would go. I too can't believe the "it's not my problem" attitude of the Question Bar bouncers. That's disgraceful. AND you still had to get home on your own after that incident....poor you. Hope you're feeling as ok as poss.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brian

26-07-2008 06:27 PM

My sincere sympathy for the brutal attack. Thankfully you are OK.
I think the Police ought to take matter up with the management of The Question Bar.

Les

26-07-2008 10:11 PM

About 18 months ago, I was subject to an attempted robbery walking from Honor Oak Park railway station to home. This was also a group of three teenage lads.

I was lucky because I kept my mobile, and the police arrived quickly, and arrested the three a few blocks away. The leader mentioned a knife, but I didn't get a clear look to see if he had a weapon. He was charged and found guilty of attempted robbery, and was placed under a supervision order.

Have a search for 'robbery' on this forum for details. It is a horrible experience... you have my sympathy.

Les

26-07-2008 10:12 PM

Sorry - the search doesn't work - the thread was on the old forum. Les.

brian

27-07-2008 08:23 AM

Placed under Supervision Order for Violent Robbery. I cannot believe it , or can I.
I would have thought 5 years minimum.

Foresters

27-07-2008 12:06 PM

There's a camera immediately opposite that alley and one pointing down it. I'm guessing these have been ruled out as providing any useful footage?

This is a bad turn for the area - can anything be done to help stop it happening again?

As for the Question Bar, we have been there to eat regularly and quite happily for ages, but will take our custom elsewhere from now on in protest.

brian

27-07-2008 12:14 PM

I think it would be a good idea to inform The Q why you are taking your buisness to Bird in The Hand or elsewhere. Otherwise they cannot reprimand the bouncing people and make sure it does not occur again.
I believe the bouncing people outside the Hob have assisted a number of people in trouble

eddy

27-07-2008 10:19 PM

Sorry to hear this LS74, i hope you have started to feel better
I walk up Dartmouth road almost every day.
time the goverment stopped talking and started acting on these yobs.
i won't print my views of the question bar as it won't be allowed , but the police need to speak to those bouncers and find out why they felt the bar is more important then your safety,

brian

28-07-2008 07:18 AM

Perhaps the Society should raise this matter with either the Police , The Management of Q or both.??

The question is why they did not act.

NewForester

28-07-2008 01:02 PM

I'm sure the owner of Question Bar will not be happy with either the mugging or the response of his bouncers when he finds out about it. He is working hard to build a local, well supported business and deserves the opportunity to put things right before everyone leaps to conclusions.

I happen to know he was away on Friday.

brian

28-07-2008 02:00 PM

I agree , the Owner should be given the chance to investigate and take action

ohyeahkitten

28-07-2008 02:25 PM

Sorry to hear this LS74. Do you mind if I ask whether you're male or female?

borderpaul

28-07-2008 06:11 PM

I think the Question is proving a danger to itself and others on the stretch of road outside.

After about 11pm, cars are parked on the pavement leaving about 2 foot for you to walk through, not to mention the smokers and bouncers. It turns a pavement into an obstacle course leaving it an ideal place for muggers.

There is also a serious threat to the Question patrons. If a fire broke out inside, there would be serious problems for those trying to get out via the front doors as their exit would be impeded by the parked cars (okay so the cars might be theirs).

LS74

28-07-2008 09:49 PM

Thanks for your responses. I know I am not the first or last person to be mugged and it could have been much worse. By the way I am male in early/mid 30's. I will let you know if any developments as the police are checking the CCTV. Don't know if they will speak to the question bar regards there staffs lack of help but will mention it to the police when we speak again...

gingernuts

29-07-2008 08:48 AM

Goodness me, who's safe anywhere these days? Hope you are OK? Shame you werent able to kick the ******* **** out of all three little ******** and aviod getting stabbed in the process.

Zero tolerance, that's what we should have in this country. You should get time for doing the crime and the prisons should be harsh and unpleasant places.

councillorsusanwise

30-07-2008 07:19 PM

Dear LS74
I am very sorry to hear of your mugging, and also for the apparent lack of support when you asked for aid from the licensed permises. Recently, the government devolved licensing legislation to local authorities, and we at Lewisham Council welcome any reports about how an individual premises operates. The bouncer at this establishment could have been following his own, rather than the licensee's, policy, but, if you want to follow it up, please contact licensing at the Town Hall to report it via 0208314 6000.
regards
Susan Wise

Fish Face

31-07-2008 04:53 PM

Sorry to hear this LS74, but lets be thankful that no knife was used considering the current trend in our society.
Unfortunately statistics say that this kind of thing will happen in our area from time-to-time so we shouldn't all start panicking. It's a horrible fact of the times we live in.
I agree that the owner of Question should be told, as the bouncers attitude was despicable. (And yes, the HOB bouncers are legends)
Hope you get over it quickly.

davidwhiting

01-08-2008 10:50 AM

It's worth noting that bouncers require an individual license issued by the local authority, and any issue about a doorperson's conduct can be taken up with the licensing officer.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mugged on Devonshire Road on Sunday 24th March 2013 at 7:15pm ish. bonobo 14 20,970 30-04-2013 08:53 PM
Last Post: mitchy117