SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Forest Hill Hotel aka Wenlock House
BringOutTheCranston

19-05-2014 10:00 AM

Not sure whether you support turning the Kent House Tavern into housing or not but it was a dreadful pub. When we moved to the area I spotted it and thought that it looked like a nice pub but on arriving one Saturday evening I took one look inside and left promptly.

I looked it up on "Beer in the evening" and found one of the best pub reviews I ever read "Nice Saturday afternoon, perfect for a pre-dinner beer. Spotted this nice looking trad pub while on a run so wandered over to enjoy a cold one. Considering we were almost alone in the bar, it was an impressive feat that we were made to feel quite so uncomfortable."

If it's closed down then good riddance to it.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Forest Hill Hotel aka Wenlock House - BringOutTheCranston - 19-05-2014 10:00 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Planning application to convert Forest Hill Co-op to a hotel hillview 12 13,239 10-03-2018 02:34 PM
Last Post: Uhuru
  House prices in Forest Hill - are they *definitely* on the up? JonathanH 48 56,138 18-01-2014 12:47 AM
Last Post: P1971