SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (104): « First < Previous 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 Next > Last »
Forest Hill Pools
FHSoc

17-03-2010 09:42 PM

The consultation document is the latest design.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Foresters

17-03-2010 09:56 PM

Very quick comment/question from looking at the PDF...

Is there not going to be any sauna & steam room facility?

michael

17-03-2010 10:12 PM

I think it only fair to point out that the Labour party did not release the old image to the public until the public consultation had officially begun (or was meant to have been). The images were meant to be on the website on Friday, in fact they did not make it up until Monday, but my point is that it was right not to release any images to the public until the start of this consultation. It was right that the stakeholders were asked not to share them with other people while the designs were developed according to their feedback.

I agree that it was frustrating that stakeholders were not able to share the images with the FH Soc executive committee, other small groups, or even on this forum. But I can understand why the council wanted to do this and keep some of the drafts under wraps.

It is worth remembering that the first view most of us had of the new designs were at the FH local assembly in Feb. These were presented by council officers at the invitation of the assembly coordinating group and the Lib Dem councillors.

I don't really believe that either party are trying to get any gain by underhand methods or exploiting council officers. Both have only shown us what officers allowed to be shown at the appropriate time. Since the consultation has started any draft image is reasonable to be placed in the public domain, and a freedom of information request would allow us to see every possible version. I know the Labour Party must have had draft images to take away prior to the start of the consultation, but it is to their credit that they did not distribute them in any format prior to the weekend. I can understand Satchers frustration at not being able to show images to the likes of me, but I don't really mind, we are getting a pool! Thumbsup

I still like the design from the Labour leaflet, even if it would be overbearing in practice.

Anyway I missed the display today as I was working late. I might get another chance on Friday evening. Did anybody get along? Was it good?

newcomer

18-03-2010 05:28 PM

Foresters, did you get a reply to your q re the steam/sauna facility? Although they are 'nice to have' facilities rather than 'must have', it would be good to know if it's something that's still being considered.

Satchers

18-03-2010 08:28 PM

The Sauna/Steam room is not something I have seen on any plans - although I haven't had long enough to look at every detail ;-).

Perhaps someone who goes along to the consultation can ask about this and report back?

Perryman

26-03-2010 03:20 PM

Does anyone know the colour of the block they are attaching to the side of the pools?

It is whitish in this presentation, and blends in with the rest of the buildings as well as can be expected, (given it does not extend any design features from the main buildings.)
But they are being devious, as they have coloured Louise Hse and the old pool frontage the same white colour!

Assuming the intention is not to whitewash everything, then surely this new block should be a rustic red or perhaps a dark green, to complement the rest of the building?

These guys have a great reputation for blending new with old, so I'm confused why they are deliberately holding back information.

Is is too much to ask to have a few images of what it will actually look like?

Satchers

26-03-2010 08:58 PM

No, I don't think it is too much to ask?

Has anyone who has been to the consultation been able to discuss this with them?

Foresters

26-03-2010 09:39 PM

I don't know anything about the norms in architectural design presentations, but I produce many stage designs and I do tend to make them a little bit sketchy to avoid too much accuracy being infered, but try to give a good visual 'feel' of how things will turn out. These models seem to be extremely accuate dimensionally with little feel for what will result. I certainly couldn't present something like this to a client of mine.

Having said that, I've not seen the exhibition yet, due to work committments, although I plan to go along on Sunday, so there may be more detailed images on show - I certainly hope there are. Has anyone been? I've not seen this discussed here...

michael

26-03-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:
Saturday 27 March: Forest Hill Station, 10am – 3pm (meet the architects)

Satchers

26-03-2010 09:50 PM

I could be wrong but I think Saturday is the last day? At the station 10-3pm?

Foresters

26-03-2010 10:18 PM

Oops. Thanks - tomorrow is good too!

nevermodern

27-03-2010 12:46 AM

I'll say it again: it doesn't fill me with hope when the poster advertising the consultation pictures a building which is considerably different to the building being consulted on in the presentation!

Foresters

27-03-2010 06:21 PM

Well, I popped along to see the pools exhibition today and had a couple of questions answered...

There will be no sauna steam room facility as it was never included in the brief which was approved by mayor & cabinet, nor brought up in the stakeholder meetings (although I think I mentioned this in a request for suggestions on this forum) - in fact I was told today that I was the first person to mention it! I think it's a shame, but as I appear to be in a minority of one I guess that's that.

The reason the external finish is not shown on the models is that they have only just been getting these options together. Apparently there is a variety of possibilities. I did express surprise, though, that with a planning application just a month away, this pretty important matter was not at a more advanced stage. Again the stakeholders' group will apparently get sight of the possible options ahead of the planning, but it does seem that the public will not have any say in this (other than as an objection to a planning application).

Anyway I took a couple of pictures.

Foresters

09-04-2010 09:56 AM

I just wondered if interest in the pools has completely lapsed - or have I crashed this thread again...

PVP

09-04-2010 10:02 AM

As far as I can tell, this is probably the biggest local issue after the trainline. Personally, I am glad we will one get the pool back as the danger was we could have ended up with the land sold off for development under the justification of rationalisating services blah blah blah.

Well done to all who have helped with this campaign.

roz

09-04-2010 06:45 PM

I would agree however a little nervousness is surely abound with the elections coming up. I do hope that Steve Bullock is returned as mayor for this reason amongst others as although plans for the pools are underway, major capital works project programmes can still be overturned by new incoming administrations especially given all the current concerns about public expenditure. Despite all that went before, I am still surprised that the money has been made available for this purpose and consider it very fortuitous for Forest Hill indeed. I would really doubt as I always have done whether the other parties would have made such a financial undertaking in the current economic climate and and if it were not for the pools being such a strong local vote winning issue that all parties are claiming credit for and the overall party political chess game that was behind the whole scenario, I would suspect that the opposing parties would have slated this proposed expenditure as foolhardy and wasteful.

Be careful therefore what you wish for, people.

Satchers

20-04-2010 02:08 PM

I wondered whether anyone has tabled a question for the Forest Hill/Sydenham hustings on Thursday evening at Sydenham school about the pools?

See local elections section..... http://foresthillsociety.blogspot.com/20...tings.html

Along the lines of....."Will you (re)confirm your committment to delivering Forest Hill Pools on the current timescale after the election?"

Unfortunately, I can't make it on Thursday but I would be really interested to hear our politicians (of all pursuasions) response? Anyone up for this?

Or maybe the polticians on the forum could use this as a location to confirm their committment to this project after the election?

michael

20-04-2010 03:27 PM

Roz wrote:
I would suspect that the opposing parties would have slated this proposed expenditure as foolhardy and wasteful.

First, I think it unlikely that any continuing or incoming administration would attempt to cut the expendature on the pool after the fuss that has been made over the last four years. But what I think even more unlikely is for them to admit to such a plan in the run up to the election!

I hope somebody does ask Satchers question on Thursday, but they are politicians, so I don't imagine any of them will give any indication of plans to stop developing the new pool. I can't think of a faster way to lose an election in the local area.

Tim Lund

20-04-2010 07:06 PM

I'll be chairing this meeting, and it's something I have indicated to the candidates is likely to come up. If anyone who will be there wants to pm me with a well phrased question, and how I will know who you are (assuming I don't know you anyway), then I'll call on you. I guess there might be a case for compositing - but I think the points of view of members of the forum will get through.

admin
Administrator

21-04-2010 08:30 AM

Construction tender here.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forest Hill Pools Cllr Sophie Davis 1 4,327 11-02-2019 02:08 PM
Last Post: StuartG
  Forest Hill Pools Documentary hillview 0 3,122 06-01-2019 10:14 AM
Last Post: hillview
  Thefts from Forest Hill Pools Gym Lockers Tina 4 6,853 14-09-2018 09:25 AM
Last Post: hillview
  Forest Hill Assembly - Saturday 11 March , 1.30 – 3.30 pm at The Forest Hill Pools Cllr Paul Upex 0 3,365 07-03-2017 11:02 AM
Last Post: Cllr Paul Upex
  Forest Hill Pools Slipper Baths localbigwig 0 3,634 23-02-2016 06:54 PM
Last Post: localbigwig
  Face lift of block before Forest Hill Pools Cheeky 3 7,812 23-06-2014 01:39 PM
Last Post: digime
  Save Forest Hill Pools alexis 62 69,183 24-03-2008 09:38 PM
Last Post: sydenhamcentral