SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Please help our children to read - volunteering opportunity at Dalmain
rmurraywest

09-01-2014 01:54 PM

Hi all

Given the wonderful spirit of local community on this forum, the headteacher at Dalmain School (Brockley Rise) has asked me to put up a post asking if anyone would be willing to give an hour a week to hear local children read.

You don't have to be a literary expert, or a parent - just willing to give the children a bit of time and interest. I hear readers myself once a week and it's really rewarding getting to know the children and seeing how their reading improves over the weeks, especially those who are not read with at home.

If you've got a regular hour a week you could give up for these children, the school staff will be able give you some training on how to hear readers if you would like it. They'll also need to perform some basic Child Protection checks, but they can explain all of that to you.

If you can help, do please call the school on 0208 699 2675 and ask for Gillian, or email info@dalmain.lewisham.sch.uk.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help

Rosie (Dalmain parent and PTA member)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Please help our children to read - volunteering opportunity at Dalmain - rmurraywest - 09-01-2014 01:54 PM