SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Dartmouth Road attitudes & behaviours
ssmikes

15-12-2013 11:07 PM

Hi All,

I have lived in Forest Hill for 27 years and have been generally happy with the neighbourhood and people. Until recently (2-3 years or so) I have never before encountered such appalling attitudes and behaviour. Not just driving but walking around especially Dartmouth Road, the anti social youths/hoodies, the noise, the drivers and the nasty looks for just saying excuse me.

I know we have had the 'usual' drunks along Dartmouth but this is different and relatively new. People so casually throwing litter about the place, smoking (not tobacco) in broad daylight, large groups of youths, idiots on high powered bikes and the youth crowds which gather outside FH station/WHSmiths late at night, making a night out return journey every so slightly intimidating even for a 6'2 broad shouldered man.

For example, today I was driving along Dartmouth with a silver Volvo in front of me, he performed an emergency stop thus forcing me and the cars behind to do so, only to simply undo his window and have a chat with his mate who just got out of a parked car! Correct me if I am wrong but this isnt normal behaviour right? It wasnt like a quick "Hi" either.

That car turned off up Thorpewood, a little down the street a blacked out Ford Fiesta drove directly at me at high speed, again forcing me to take action. This is pretty regular to be honest.

Just around the corner along Waldram Park place or avenue can't remember the name exactly. But had turned the corner was driving normal speed nothing slow nor fast about half way down a hoddy just strolled across the road, I obviously stopped he then slowed down and gave me a really nasty look and then the finger. He wasnt at a crossing or by the bollards just a random place to walk out. This sort of behaviour has happened to me time and time again recently and has been getting worse.

Maybe its just me, maybe a sheltered life!? But has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Dartmouth Road attitudes & behaviours - ssmikes - 15-12-2013 11:07 PM