SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Very sad farewell to the Honor Oak Gallery
Tinkerbell

13-09-2013 08:14 PM

Just wanted to say how very sad I am to hear that the Honor Oak Gallery is closing.

It has been one of few businesses in the parade that have always put a smile on my face when I walked past or popped in to have a browse, and I've bought some lovely pictures there - the owner and his team are always so friendly, welcoming and such a great source of information on the exhibited artists and their work!

I know John Broad already said a while ago that he will retire, but it would have been so nice to see the gallery and framing business being taken over by someone else and for it to remain that type of business, but apparently, that is now falling through despite there being an interested party. It actually makes me angry - are HOP landlords all just holding out until William Hill/Betfred pays them twice the rent?

Find all posts by this user

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Very sad farewell to the Honor Oak Gallery - Tinkerbell - 13-09-2013 08:14 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  52 Honor Oak Park (ex Honor Oak Gallery) daveherne 21 23,957 27-10-2014 12:33 AM
Last Post: lacb