SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Market towns
baggydave

27-04-2008 05:17 PM

[Moved from Beyond SE23 > Lewisham borough a vibrant place to live -admin]

Blue Eyes - there must be some awards for the longest and most well informed posts. I am a recent resident of SE London, celebrating my 20th aniversary about a week ago. In saying vibrant I was talking about how those from different backgrounds get on. London being progressively more an multi-ethnic society. From what I was made aware of it fares much better than other parts of London, which must be a good thing. Now I was brought up in a not particularly exciting market town, which has now had virtually every bit of spare land that was not green belt built on (lovely Stepford Wife estates). And no longer a market town just an extension of the nearby city. And no market anymore! Lots of duel carriageways and motorways. I would have no desire to move back (although of course I'll tell you Southern softies how wonderful it is) yet no doubt the incomers seriously rate it. And now we have made our home here I quite like the place, although I am very selective! Take your point about Croydon.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Market towns - baggydave - 27-04-2008 05:17 PM
RE: Market towns - Triangle - 07-05-2008, 03:01 PM
RE: Market towns - baggydave - 09-05-2008, 07:50 PM