SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Wishing MORE would participate here
Scorpion

19-10-2007 07:36 PM

This may seem cheeky, as I have only recently returned from being offline (from home) for almost a year, to the Internet, in general, but I find, that many others local areas' forums are much busier than SE23.com I (obviously) have not posted, here, on this forum, for over that time (sadly) but.......... I have read ALL threads and posts, in the time I have been away, either from an Internet Cafe or other peoples home computers. I really find it surprising that this Forum is not more active. I know that not all residents will have Internet Access, but would hope that, if they have any queries/concerns etc. they would at least do a Search online, wherever possible, to help to find out more about their local area/ask about the local community (and then, that this forum would be "thrown up"). I must confess to being a bit of a "voyeur" - I read a lot on other local community forums - BECAUSE they are local to my immediate area and I have interest in them - but I feel a bit sad, peeved and embarassed that many more residents of SE23 do not contribute or participate here on SE23.com - ESPECIALLY those who DO have Net Access. I am NOT a home owner but I HAVE lived in Forest Hill for over 12 years and love it. I moved from Lambeth and have been MUCH happier here than before. Life is not perfect, but, with the help of this Forum (I find out so much more, about the local area, from reading here - not always good, or want I want to know about BUT - I find out more! - but that is life) my personal FH experience is better, from reading here.
I hope that more non-home owners AND home owners, WILL participate here in future. I moan (to myself or anyone else who will listen) often, about "Local stuff" or just "wonder" and its great that here on SE23.com I can find out a lot. It seems to me that not many in my local area - or circumstances - are as bothered as I am though, because they don't (or maybe, can't, easily) use this forum. That leaves me wondering, if, maybe, the Forum is used by mainly home-owners (rather than a share of users being from rented/council/home-owners etc) This may be so, and for me, no problem, but, it would be good if some other people in "my situation" were here, or even, MORE people were here. We can't force people to use a forum, I know, but is there anything else that can be done to maybe, make more residents of SE23 aware of this forum? I REALLY care, about my area/community - I used to be part of a Tenants and Residents Association but sadly, it was useless and indications are that its not really any better now too. What I am really trying to say, I guess, is, I wish MORE people would become part of this Forum, Post (with useful stuff, mostly) from all walks of life, and, help to make Forest Hill better - in whatever way we can (and, YES, I will be applying to join the Forest Hill Society) Please, try and publicise this Forum more, everyone. Those who are "bothered" may join, those who are not, well, we can't do anything about that. But, more publicity would surely be good (maybe flyers in all the local shops/businesses for example? Leaflets through doors ( I would HAPPILY do this!) - just a thought - do all the local shops/businesses know about this forum even?) I know I am jumping in here, big time, BUT I am really one (in a minority, it seems, from "my area, IN "the area"") who does give a damn and I wish more would, in general. Thanks. Sue

Find all posts by this user

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Wishing MORE would participate here - Scorpion - 19-10-2007 07:36 PM