SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Traffic vibration outside FH pools
dartmouth

26-06-2012 11:11 PM

Without wanting to moan about our amazing new pools, I have unfortunately discovered a little problem in that the year or so long building works has left the short stretch of Dartmouth Road outside the pools a little worse for wear. There are loads of potholes ad the surface is generally broken up.

Regrettably, I live on this very stretch of Dartmouth Road and the vibration caused by the buses going over this bit of road is getting ridiculous. My windows rattle, my radiators rattle and my bed shakes enough to wake me up (not in a good way). I've contacted Lewisham council about it but seem to only ever get a blanket response saying that road traffic vibration has been proven not to cause structural damage to buildings in any cases. I'm not bothered about damage (yet). I just need my floors stop shaking!!

Does anyone have any experience of this or advice you could give me as to how best to get this issue raised with the correct people? I could just move but the issue is getting annoying in the short term.

(as a side note, this is no way a moan about the pools! I'm their biggest fan Smile )

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Traffic vibration outside FH pools - dartmouth - 26-06-2012 11:11 PM
RE: Traffic vibration - jgdoherty - 27-06-2012, 06:59 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Train noise and vibration.... SElady 1 2,930 30-01-2012 09:49 PM
Last Post: Londondrz