SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Attempted carjacking/robbery
hoona

14-03-2012 02:37 PM

Just seen this on the East Dulwich Forum... It happened on corner of Devonshire Road and Honor Oak Park...

Quote:
I am a regular poster on here, but have name-changed for this post.

Last night about 6.15pm whilst my husband was sitting at a junction 2 men on motorbikes overtook him, blocked the car and started attacking it with hammers, shouting at him to get out. They were clearly trying to rob him or the car. He eventually managed to drive off, they chased him for a while still hammering the car and then gave up.

There was no altercation, not a 'road rage' attack, unknown attackers, but seemingly a random incident.

It was at the junction of Devonshire Road with Honor Oak Park.

I'm not scaremongering - I'm sure this was just a one off incident rather than the beginning of a carjacking spate, but I wanted to warn people to be vigilant in this area.

The police have been informed, but 16 hours later have yet to even take a proper report and issue a crime reference number, let alone come round to our house.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Attempted carjacking/robbery - hoona - 14-03-2012 02:37 PM
RE: Attempted carjacking/robbery - lacb - 14-03-2012, 03:56 PM
RE: Attempted carjacking/robbery - roz - 15-03-2012, 11:10 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  attempted robbery dbboy 21 21,104 06-01-2012 02:05 PM
Last Post: orange