SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Echo & The Bunnymen
admin
Administrator

14-10-2007 10:56 PM

Posts from old forum ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baggydave
Joined 19-05-2004
Posted on Thursday, 27 September, 2007 - 11:10 pm:

[Moved from Babur Takeaway thread - Webmaster]
----
Surely the Babur takeawy is in Crofton Park, that is either further away from the epicentre of SE23, Forest Hill. What is happening to this site? I feel I must complain to the lead singer of Echo and the Bunnymen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ana
Joined 30-01-2007
Posted on Thursday, 04 October, 2007 - 03:09 pm:

What has Ian Mcullough got to do with the price of fish?

Baggydave
Joined 19-05-2004
Posted on Friday, 05 October, 2007 - 06:52 pm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_&_the_Bunnymen

Robwinton
Joined 07-06-2006
Posted on Friday, 05 October, 2007 - 07:59 pm:

que?

Baggydave
Joined 19-05-2004
Posted on Saturday, 06 October, 2007 - 07:19 pm:

Rob, either you are very young, or somehow missed out on the last two decades (maybe too much raving in the 80s?). In between Monty Python and the Holly Grail, and with Nail and Eye, there was the series the Young Ones. From my time in New England I believe that this is universal, at least in the predominantly English speaking nations. And as well as being quoted word for word, they provide examples of phrases to use in all situations. So if you are surprised by something and want to complain, you can either say 'I don't believe it' (Richard Wilson, One Foot in the Grave), or a Kenny Everet impression (long since dead and of his time amusing, but with dodgy poltical views) of 'angry of Mayfair' (a city gent from the front and transvestite from the back) or do my recommendation of Rik Mayall, aka Rik of the 'Young Ones' who says he is going to complain to ... etc etc. Don't think 'Doh' serves the same purpose. Brian can probalby quote 'Round the Horn', Arthur Askey, Goons, Max Miller or the 'Clitheroe Kid' but I don't go back that far.

Robwinton
Joined 07-06-2006
Posted on Saturday, 06 October, 2007 - 10:38 pm:

I see, I think

I think I'll opt for the "too young" explanation

Baggy, you must be VERY old ... to be so wise

Bigjulie
Joined 09-04-2005
Posted on Sunday, 07 October, 2007 - 02:49 pm:

I saw Echo and the Bunnymen at Ravensbourne Art College in Chislehurst.
Fascinating eh. Anyone see them any closer to SE23?

Bigjulie
Joined 09-04-2005
Posted on Sunday, 07 October, 2007 - 02:53 pm:

I saw them at the Lyceum in the Strand supporting the wonderful Teardrop Explodes.That was before St.Julian became an expert in ancient mounds.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Echo & The Bunnymen - Admin - 14-10-2007 10:56 PM