SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Motorbikes, Omnibuses and a Ladies School
grosehodge

02-01-2012 03:22 PM

I am researching Parkfield House Ladies College that was at 8/9 Rutland Villas, Perry Vale in the 1870s-80s.

In the 1891 census it is renumbered 70-72 Perry Vale and is now occupied by Edwin Milner, furnishers.

In 1911 it is home to Herbert Henry Stubbs, coloured cleaners for suede boots.

It then becomes Parkfield Garage, motorcycle engineers, makers of PV Motorbikes. Perry Vale machines are still being ridden by enthusiasts! Fantastic looking bikes.

In the 1920s it seems to then become a motor car garage and an Omnibus company- Enterprise Transport Co. Ltd with 5 double decker vehicles. This is compulsory puchased in 1936 when London Transport absorbed all the private companies.

I am not sure of the history of this address after that, but at some time during the war it was severely damaged and later demolished.

My hope is to find photos/ info of this address. My best hope, I guess would be in that period when it was a motor cycle manufacturers/ omnibus operators.

Any ideas?

Many thanks, Paul

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Motorbikes, Omnibuses and a Ladies School - grosehodge - 02-01-2012 03:22 PM