SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Devonshire Road- vehicle damage
annsquire66

29-02-2008 04:11 PM

Sorry, I need to vent my frustration!Angry
I live at the FH end just off of the main road and have noticed an alarming increase in 'hit & runs' on parked cars by ignorant drivers.
I always fold my wing mirror in and park as close to the curb as possible but that was not enough to stop some moron hitting it 2 weekends ago while I slept. The damage included scraping most of my drivers door and puncturing my tyre- the cost of repairs equals my excess (?250) so not even worth fixing through the insurance. More annoyingly, it will take 3 days to respray which is hugely inconvenient as I care for someone who does not live on a direct public transport route and use the car for essential daily visits/trips out/ their shopping etc.
Opposite my house at 5pm yesterday, a Parceline lorry drove at speed into the road and tore a chunk off of the side of the car parked there. He didn't stop despite the racket he must have heard as the whole light unit ripped off, and the 3 others who were watching with me in disbelief managed to get only half the registration number of his truck. Two of us left our contact numbers as witnesses- heartening to see there are other people around still willing to do the right thing but I cannot understand how people can have such complete disregard for other people's property. The damage was so bad that the driver had to enter the car by the passenger door to enable him to drive home!
I do have a genuine need for a car (before the anti-car brigade tell me to get on my bike, the wheelchair won't fit!) but will never buy a newish one as long as I live where I do- not worth the grief.
Has anyone else had experience of this cavalier behaviour or do I just expect too much from the human race? Unsure

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Devonshire Road- vehicle damage - annsquire66 - 29-02-2008 04:11 PM
RE: Devonshire Road- vehicle damage - roz - 14-11-2009, 01:35 PM
RE: Devonshire Road- vehicle damage - roz - 27-01-2010, 12:25 PM
RE: Devonshire Road- vehicle damage - roz - 18-05-2010, 08:09 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Further Damage to cars in Kemble Road Erekose 0 3,779 11-06-2013 05:38 PM
Last Post: Erekose
  Car damage on Herschell Road? mitchy117 0 3,059 30-04-2013 09:39 PM