SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Bike storage - what do you do?
sydenhamhiller

02-09-2011 09:43 AM

Apologies if this is not the right place...just wondering what fellow residents do about bike storage when you don't have a garage? Any advice/ experience welcomed.

After a spate of birthdays, and resolutions to improve fitness, we now have 5 bikes cluttering up the living room, and this is not a long term solution that works for me (husband however can't see the problem!). We have a teeny back garden already cluttered with playhouse, garden furniture, sand table...if we put a bike shed in the back, there'll be little garden left! We have space in our front yard for a bike store/ shed of some description, but when I mentioned this to a neighbour who is also Neighbourhood Watch, she said "a shed in your front garden is an open invitation to be kicked in".

Is she right? Am I being too twitchy? Would it be naive to have a shed in the front garden? It would be behind a wall,running alongside the pavement, so you'd have to walk up our drive to notice it. But then again, once up our drive, you could break into it with a sledge hammer and no one could see you from the street.

Any tips/ suggestions would be gratefully received.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Bike storage - what do you do? - sydenhamhiller - 02-09-2011 09:43 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Secure wooden Bike/bin storage in front garden Honor Oak Bloke 4 11,285 19-07-2012 02:00 PM
Last Post: IWereAbsolutelyFuming