SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Old Blue Mountain Cafe in Forest Hill - a rant board in progress.
Cellar Door

08-02-2008 10:05 AM

I tip my hat to the person or people who are making the outside of the old Blue Mountain Cafe in Forest Hill a visual feast.

If you haven't seen it, then just opposite The Hob on the South Circular is the old Blue Mountain Cafe that has been boarded-up for a number of years. The wooden boards over the windows have had handwritten notes stuck on with glue or stapled. The views are largely judgements about the behaviour of our fellow human beings against Mother Earth. Demonising companies like Shell and BP for their profits. You know the drill.

It has more than a sniff of a rant board. Sometimes it drifts into an "O Tempora!" style of observation. And lately, the more important missives have been framed with wood. Nailed on, no less!

This is all an impressive undertaking. I admire the passion.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that someone from here may be responsible. Anyone like to confess?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Old Blue Mountain Cafe in Forest Hill - a rant board in progress. - Cellar Door - 08-02-2008 10:05 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Car reverses into cafe at Forest Hill station hillview 0 3,665 27-04-2017 12:00 PM
Last Post: hillview
  Departure board at Forest Hill station LeeH 20 19,957 01-08-2012 05:30 PM
Last Post: rbmartin