SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Tree felling
suchalife

31-03-2011 09:23 PM

I am a resident of 105 Honor Oak Park and many trees have been felled behind our property.
The area in question is subject to a TPO Tree preservation order.
I also understand from reading the TPO guide that in order to remove any trees covered by the order the landowner must seek consent, in writing, from Lewisham Council and that the application to carry out any work on the trees in the area will include reasons for doing so and that, importantly, the council will consult with local residents for a period of three weeks before any decision is made about whether work should proceed.
I believe that the only time work can be undertaken on trees that are under a preservation order is when full planning permission has been granted for a new development; this is not the case here,not have local residents been informed.

We at 105 HOP are incredibly concerned that a large number of trees have been removed from the area and even more concerned that Lewisham Council have allowed this work to proceed, seemingly without question. I believe that the removal of the trees will have an 'impact on the local environment', that they were 'worthy of preservation for their intrinsic beauty' and that they served 'to screen an eyesore'.

The planning officers have stopped work on the site after finally 3days they came to the site ,although workmen complety ingnored the order and started work agian after they left.

Im asking is there anyone out there having photos form the site 105 107 & 107 a Honor Oak Park ?People who live at Boveny road maybe?
All this is needed for evidence to prosecute.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Tree felling - suchalife - 31-03-2011 09:23 PM
RE: Tree felling - Cidered - 08-04-2011, 09:09 AM