SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Wallet stolen on 122 Bus
showtunesgirl

20-03-2011 09:12 PM

I had my wallet stolen earlier today whilst on the 122 bus. I wasn't feeling very well at the time and the people who stole this must have seen this and will also explain why I wasn't more self-aware.

Usually I put my rucksack on my lap but this time I kept it on my back and they undid my rucksack and took my wallet out.

The suspects are a mixed race male, with cropped hair, wearing a dark coat and he has a gold tooth. He was with a white female with long brown hair in a ponytail and wearing a very fluffy white coat and trousers.

I confronted them as soon as I found out and I actually grabbed the woman's wrist and that's when the man started being very aggressive towards me. The driver then opened the doors as they had rung the bell and they ran off down a side street next to Prendergast School.

Some of the kids on the bus ran after them for a bit and came back and told me which way they had gone and a nice lady on the bus stopped the driver from just driving off and helped me off the bus with my shopping whilst I called the police.

I gave the descriptions to the police and also the registration plate of the bus so that they could check the CCTV camera as well.

I felt kind of stupid ringing 999 over a wallet but the nice lady on the bus said I should and there could be a chance that they were still nearby. The police turned up pretty quickly and agreed with this and we rode around in the local area to see if they were around and then they took me home and took a few details. They also said that there's a chance they will do this again so they will keep their eyes peeled.

The man is extremely distinctive as he has a big gold tooth and the woman's coat if she doesn't get rid of, it is distinctive as well.

If anyone sees them around, please call the police on the non-emergency number 0300 123 1212 as I could probably identify them in a line up.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Wallet stolen on 122 Bus - showtunesgirl - 20-03-2011 09:12 PM
RE: Wallet stolen on 122 Bus - seeformiles - 20-03-2011, 09:18 PM
RE: Wallet stolen on 122 Bus - dipsolala - 20-03-2011, 09:23 PM
RE: Wallet stolen on 122 Bus - seeformiles - 20-03-2011, 09:29 PM