SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Feed me to the sharks!
Tim Lund

20-02-2011 11:18 AM

I'm sure lots of you SE23 residents heard your very own Alex Feakes on the Today programme yesterday morning:

Quote:
The UK's death rate is projected to rise over the next 20 years as the baby boomers begin to leave us, a problem for cemeteries in cities, towns and villages across the country. Our reporter Tom Bateman has been to a part of south-east London where it is getting harder to find a burial space.

But I seem to remember hearing something else about the problem of ocean depletion - that with the ever expanding human population, by 2050 there would be no more large fish such as sharks and cod in the ocean. I can't find the link, but here's one to a Horizon documentary from last year

I think there's a link here ... and 'm sure you've got my (ocean?) drift. Previously I've thought I'd want a green burial, maybe in some woodland, not wasting fossil fuel on cremation, and let my rotten body fertitlise the earth. Now I'd like it collected and dumped at sea where these threatened large fish can feast on it. And if my children and grandchildren should ever wish to remember me, let them go down to the local fish and chip shop.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Feed me to the sharks! - Tim Lund - 20-02-2011 11:18 AM
RE: Feed me to the sharks! - Jon Lloyd - 20-02-2011, 12:11 PM
RE: Feed me to the sharks! - derbybill - 20-02-2011, 01:41 PM
RE: Feed me to the sharks! - Tim Lund - 20-02-2011, 04:41 PM
RE: Feed me to the sharks! - Jane_D - 20-02-2011, 10:29 PM