SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Message For Any Chelsea Fans In SE23
ForestHillier

10-02-2011 02:18 PM

It will be interesting to see if anyone who gets paid money to do it will take a similar view to me. Namely with a three-man attack and with performances like this Chelsea will struggle to make the Champions League. Especially since they could get humped by Man Utd twice.
Ancelotti has a tough decision for the next game. Dare he leave Roman's latest 50 m quid toy on the bench in order to reintroduce some creativity to Chelsea?
As others like Alan Smith have noted three strikers together rarely works especially if you have no natural wingers. Chelsea's best chances came from corners and Reina made one save of note all day.
Other teams above and below Liverpool's quality will take note. Choke the middle, squeeze the sides and Chelsea will be reduced to the long-range efforts and punts into the box that characterized the last third of the game when they went a goal down.
If Spurs continue to get results and Liverpool continue to improve especially with their new signings - dropped points whether it is defeats or draws will cost Chelsea dear.
Luiz will be a good signing but Chelsea's midfield looks old and washed up. When Lucas Leivi has bossed you in two consecutive games Ancelotti must wish dearly he actually had control of some of the purse strings.
I am sure he like smarter Chelsea fans (I am told that they exist) would have loved somebody like Schweinsteiger instead of Torres.
With Roman in control - I am convinced that Chelsea are on a road to nowhere. It's only a matter of time before Ancelotti leaves and if he had any self-respect he'd go now. One of the most knowledgeable and successful managers in the world reduced to being a puppet in a dark trench-coat.
And when he goes - which decent manager will want this type of job? The one where the owner chooses the players to buy and in affect choose the team. Oh and can sack your assistant without cause at anytime.
The clock is ticking....
Chelsea - a bigger club - you are having a laugh. There a sad imitation of a football club where the owner's every action makes it less and less likely they will enjoy short term success let alone anything lasting.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Message For Any Chelsea Fans In SE23 - ForestHillier - 10-02-2011 02:18 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SE23 Palace fans Shiro 3 4,316 05-10-2015 12:54 PM
Last Post: ForestHillier