SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Please put swings back in the Triangle!
roz

23-12-2010 11:46 PM

As a local parent of young children I find we have to travel some distance to find swings suitable for both young toddlers and older children. There are some in Baxters Fields but not a lot else there to maintain interest. Since they were removed from the Triangle playground the nearest are in Peckham Rye Park and Dulwich Park, a bus/car ride away and also some in Goose Green which is also a very nicely designed and inclusive play area for a range of ages but its a bus ride/drive away. Its not something which can be done easily on a daily basis therefore.

I have never understood why they were taken away completely from the Triangle and why there are no plans to put them back as they are a popular activity for very young children and for many the only activity they can do in a playground. A playground without swings really doesn't cut the mustard from an inclusive point of view therefore.

Is anyone else interested in trying to get swings back in the Triangle for local children by spring 2011, and if so any ideas on how to start? I wondered about the Localities Fund as a starting point, assuming it was still available in this current climate. Possibly private fundraising would be required as theres likely to be no further monies available from the local authority unless there is something left over from the previous playbuilder programmes.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Please put swings back in the Triangle! - roz - 23-12-2010 11:46 PM