SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade
jgdoherty

04-10-2010 09:25 AM

In August 210 BT announced that a major upgrade would be undertaken at their Forest Hill exchange and that this would provide an up to 20mbps for all users connected to that exchange.

Since that time a handful of neighbours and friends have experienced a reduction in reliability and for those who signed up for the new package, have not had the promised increase in speed delivered by BT.

We range in distances from 285m to 1.8km from the exchange and all have different degrees of problems from speed degradation to page drop-outs.

In the last seven days I have been advised by BT that whilst at the August position their own estimates of line speed for me was 13mbps, all of their estimates have now been revised and speeds reduced by more than 50%. For example this takes my speed back to just a 1mbps increase from the pre-upgrade position.

Are there more BT customers out there with similar problems or are we just an unlucky few ?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade - jgdoherty - 04-10-2010 09:25 AM