SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Kirkdale/Thorpewood Ave crossing
ivor

25-03-2010 03:48 PM

Has anybody noticed how difficult and dangerous it is to cross Kirkdale at the junction of Thorpewood Ave, especially at school drop-off or pick-up time? I am glad to hear that the police have been monitoring speed on this road. However, I think it is not just speed but the volume of traffic and inconsiderate behaviour of some drivers that is a problem.

Recently I had been standing at the kerb for ages with my two children when a car stopped to let us cross. I walked in front of this car and was busy checking for oncoming traffic when a friend shouted to me to stop because another car was overtaking the car that had stopped. The overtaking car had to swerve to avoid my daughter in her buggy and then sped off down the hill. It was a terrifying experience.

As far as I know, a petition to have a crossing on this section of Kirkdale was turned down by the council, on the grounds that nobody had been killed or maimed on the road. As my daughter was very nearly the first casualty, I feel strongly that the council should reconsider. Has anyone else had a bad experience crossing this road?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Kirkdale/Thorpewood Ave crossing - ivor - 25-03-2010 03:48 PM
RE: Kirkdale/Thorpewood Ave crossing - roz - 25-03-2010, 06:46 PM
RE: Kirkdale/Thorpewood Ave crossing - roz - 26-03-2010, 05:35 PM