SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Sydenham Rise - potentially dangerous walls
roz

08-03-2010 11:25 PM

In case anyone uses this route regularly- and this is one of the main routes to both Eliot Bank School and Lammas Green nursery- there are a few extremely dodgy sections of retaining wall (on the left hand side going up towards Syd Hill) which look at risk of imminent collapse so I would suggest being very careful when on foot, especially with children in tow.

On one section some of the bricks are actually coming away already. A high level fence panel fell off a week or so ago near the junction with Syd Hill just missing some people standing at a nearby bus stop. I have written to both Lewisham Council and the Dulwich Estate (the latter who are the owners of said walls and fences )and asked that they take some urgent action to avoid injury to passers- by, and would like to ask others to do something similar. I don't have any experience of how the DE handles its affairs or how quickly it responds but I would hope it would be pretty fast in this case however some of the work may require leaseholder consent and may take some time. I am surprised that the DE lets its property get into this sort of state though given its comparative wealth.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Sydenham Rise - potentially dangerous walls - roz - 08-03-2010 11:25 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tree down - Sydenham Rise Red67 1 3,241 23-02-2017 03:49 PM
Last Post: Red67
  Motorbike crash on Sydenham Rise bigbadwolf 1 3,951 17-11-2008 10:02 AM
Last Post: brian