SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Those new traffic lights at the bottom of Forest Hill Road...grrr!
Grangerover

13-12-2007 02:07 PM

(The new lights at the 'crossraods' with Colyton and Dunstan Roads at the top of Peckha[/i]m Rye Park...)

I'm sure anyone who drives or cycles down Forest Hill Road must also be cursing these lights! I only drive at weekends when the traffic is light but the installation fo these lights never ceases to bring all the main traffic to a grinding halt. Heaven help anyone who has to drive on weekdays. A friend of mine who cycles down this road to work says it's made his journey time longer as the traffic now backs up all the way up the hill which invitably slows him down too.

Whose insane idea was it to install these lights? The flow of traffic worked perfectly well before they were installed. I can't see who benfits from it. Certainly not pedestrians who had a handy zebra crossing there beforehand, but now have to wait a couple of minutes for the 'green man.'

Can one appeal to have these things removed? And who decides, TfL or the council?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Those new traffic lights at the bottom of Forest Hill Road...grrr! - Grangerover - 13-12-2007 02:07 PM