SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Hangovers I have known
Toffeejim

12-09-2009 10:22 AM

Having tied one on big time last night I awake (regain consciousness?) with a sense of nostalgia for great hangovers of yesteryear. Two things come to mind. the first is a need for music to get me through my breakfast: early Simple Minds and - god forgive me - a bit of Coldplay.

The second is great hangover moments of the past. Notable is waking up in a maisonette in central Den Haag to a breakfast consisting of a large fry up and a couple of bottles of geuze before a reapplication of the medicine at a sports bar at Schevingen beach. All the while debating loudly with Trevor (inbetween recollections of liberating Port Stanley in his Harrier) how to fit in both Bono and Chris Martin as front men in our fantasy best band in history. Perhaps you had to be there. Perhaps you're glad you weren't.

So what's the point of this thread? Perhaps: 1. does anybody else feel a sense of the confessional about their great hangovers of the past; 2. or care to share what cheesy old stuff you put on the stereo when your defences are at their lowest?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Hangovers I have known - Toffeejim - 12-09-2009 10:22 AM
RE: Hangovers I have known - Jon Lloyd - 21-09-2009, 09:32 PM