SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
'Friendly' or 'Divisive' bots
clausy

14-09-2021 02:34 PM

It would seem to me that the local twitter bot account which promises 'friendly retweets' about SE23 related topics may not be entirely automated as it has started editorialising content and adding commentary. I know a thing or two about AI and this bot is definitely not artificial or intelligent.

In fact these bot things are usually inherently dumb, mostly using keywords and some filtering to exclude things like swear words or even some people's posts. So I’m somewhat perplexed to see that it has somehow weaponised itself against people who have dedicated time and effort to serving the local community (for example outgoing councillor Leo Gibbons)

In my personal opinion, it’s not a retweet if you’re adding your own commentary to it. I think it’s wholly inappropriate to lure people in with the promise of ‘friendly retweets’ only to then be subjected to personal vendettas and attacks. And this bot has done it to a whole host of people.

Mind you, it’s Twitter so take it with a pinch of salt - the bot is perfectly entitled to run his own garbage spewing factory. Look out for similar accounts doing the same thing e.g. ‘Perry Vale’ and ‘Dartmouth Road’ and make sure you have plenty of popcorn to put the salt on. The bot seems to be having a very long involved conversation with himself about me for pointing it out. Sad.

Despite claims to the contrary not once have I mentioned anything other than the bot itself which seems to be suffering from a serious malfunction. Is this the AI gone wild we were warned about?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
'Friendly' or 'Divisive' bots - clausy - 14-09-2021 02:34 PM
RE: 'Friendly' or 'Divisive' bots - clausy - 16-09-2021, 08:03 AM
RE: 'Friendly' or 'Divisive' bots - lacb - 16-09-2021, 11:16 AM
RE: 'Friendly' or 'Divisive' bots - clausy - 17-09-2021, 08:56 AM