SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
SE23 pubs - use them or lose them
BigED

20-08-2020 09:43 AM

As if pubs weren't under enough of a threat already, the coronavirus pandemic has accelerated things dramatically.

In SE23, the Sylvan Posts has stayed shut, the Dartmouth Arms is apparently up for sale, All Inn One was under threat before the pandemic, the Capitol was on Spoons' list for closure...

Since they started reopening, I have been to a small number of local places that are open - not sure I am entirely comfortable with it, even staying only in the beer gardens. But I want the pubs to be around in a year's time, and that will only happen if we try to use them.

On the downside, the pubs that are open need to do more about large groups of people gathering in pubs with no attempt at physical distancing. (I don't believe all 12 were from two households.) There's been quite a lot of that so, as well as using your local, you could also encourage them to remind people of the social distancing rules.

Anyway, local pubs definitely open - perhaps someone could update on the ones they know?

Bird in Hand - ?
The Hill - ?
Sylvan Posts - closed?
Dartmouth Arms - ?
All Inn One - ?
Capitol - open
The Signal - ?
Railway Arms - ?
The Honor Oak - open
General Napier - ?
The Chandos - open
Prince of Wales - open
Two Spoons - open
Grounds and Grape - ?
Blythe Hill Tavern - open

I've only covered those in SE23 but feel free to add other pubs and bars close by.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
SE23 pubs - use them or lose them - BigED - 20-08-2020 09:43 AM