SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Virgin Broadband Super Super Slow in the evenings - anyone else?
rshdunlop

03-02-2016 04:27 PM

We have an ongoing problem with our Virgin broadband which drops in speed to unusably low levels about 8pm every evening and all day on the weekends. It's sometimes as low as 2Mbps. We are heavy users - four TV streamers, and an online gamer - and we can't do any of it at the moment. Speeds during weekdays are fine - over 160Mbps - so there is nothing wrong with our set up. This has been going on for about 2 months now.

Virgin don't seem able to fix this. Numerous engineers come, but only during the day when the speed is fine. So there is nothing they can see wrong. I've been told by one of the engineers that this is a widespread problem - Virgin have oversubscribed their network. They will only upgrade an area when 'overage' reaches 10%. Overage on my local cabinet is 2.5% so they won't so anything.

I've lodged a formal complaint with Virgin and have also written to Which about it. Looking online, this seems to be a widespread problem for Virgin users. I'd be interested to know if any other SE23 residents have experienced this, especially in my area (Mayow Road).

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Virgin Broadband Super Super Slow in the evenings - anyone else? - rshdunlop - 03-02-2016 04:27 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Virgin Media broadband speeds dbboy 11 11,950 31-03-2010 02:56 PM
Last Post: Ex FH Pat