SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Eastbound traffic on South Circular Road
derbybill

20-11-2015 09:37 PM

Having lived in these parts for a long long time, I have the feeling that traffic going from Forest Hill to Catford is getting much worse, and afternoon congestion that used to start at around 4 to 4.30pm is now starting as early as 2.30pm.
Like many of you who need to travel to Catford or to Lewisham by road, whether driving or on a bus will know the horrendous congestion that occurs at Catford. There are two railways (and a river) to cross, several roads feeding traffic into this area, a variety of bus stops, a couple of no right turns, Wickes (lots of delivery vans), Halfords and so on.
Having looked at the Catford Green website (http://www.barratthomes.co.uk/new-homes/...ord-green/), I see there are going to be a total of 588 "stylish apartments" and no doubt some of those living here will own a car (several cars are shown in the rather spooky silent video on the website). Those cars (maybe 588, maybe a lot more, as some of these apartments have 3 bedrooms) are confined to the single road in the development and will need to come out into the Catford congestion area whenever the owners want to go to work, school, shopping or whatever).
Could this mean total gridlock at certain times of the day; maybe all day?
Have Transport for London, who are responsible for the South Circular Road, approved this situation?
And what about the deadly levels of air pollution caused by all this traffic that can't go anywhere: I see that nitrogen dioxide levels were pretty high in late October.

This post was last modified: 20-11-2015 09:40 PM by derbybill.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Eastbound traffic on South Circular Road - derbybill - 20-11-2015 09:37 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Burying the South Circular michael 20 18,177 19-05-2014 01:14 PM
Last Post: Erekose