SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
The Capitol - anti-social behaviour
daveyyates

29-10-2015 02:06 AM

Tonight I met my nephew, who as a musician finishes work late in the evening, for a drink.
He arrived in Forest Hill shortly before 11.30pm, so we had no choice but to go to The Capitol, which closes at midnight on Wednesday.
It is some while since I have been to this pub and, on tonight's showing, it will be some considerable time before I return.
It is well known that Wetherspoon's pubs, by virtue of the low prices charged for alcoholic beverages, are 'drinker' venues.
However, despite having been a pub regular for three decades, I was unprepared for the level of anti-social behaviour in The Capitol.
Seeking to place my order at the bar, I had to avoid two young men swaying as they had a 'shadow boxing' match.
Once my nephew and I had sat down, we had to talk above a woman, who had obviously had too much to drink, singing and shouting.
At no point did any member of The Capitol's staff approach her to ask her to be quiet and, once she and her crowd had left the pub, their noisy and anti-social behaviour continued outside, including the smashing of a glass on the pavement.
A rumour was doing the rounds some months ago that Wetherspoons would not seek to renew its lease on the premises, which would return to their former use as a cinema.
It seems the bush telegraph was wide of the mark, which is a great shame, because Forest Hill would derive a greater benefit from a cinema than a zoo like The Capitol in which customers behave like animals.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
The Capitol - anti-social behaviour - daveyyates - 29-10-2015 02:06 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anti Social Behaviour in FH & HO gabbi 78 59,165 30-09-2015 01:56 PM
Last Post: John Daker
  Police Anti-Social Behaviour Drop-In Surgery @ FH Library admin 0 3,203 15-03-2014 10:27 AM
Last Post: admin
  Anti-social behaviour in Trilby Road area sillytilly 82 78,524 10-10-2012 09:53 PM
Last Post: Tomcat
  anti social behaviour Nods Way Dylan 0 3,625 02-07-2011 01:22 PM
Last Post: Dylan