SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Incosiderate builders
baggydave

11-10-2008 04:26 PM

As my many friends will know we in the posh estate (aka UDB) seem to have permanent building work going on. Builders vans, builders skips, builders noise. The early morning skip deliveries on a Saturday are particularly unwelcome!

Usually it is exected that the builders do not start work until 8, finish at noon on Saturdays and don't work Sundays. Believe this will be part of planning permission where required. One owner flouted this quite often and you do not get very far when calling the council on a Saturday. Also told the owner but as with most people it is difficult to get the tone right.

The builders over the road have loud conversations with each other and on the phone whilst they are waiting to start, often close to 7am. Never mind it wont be for long. And the driver of the truck leaves his enging idling for quarter of an hour plus. Asked nicely if he will turn his engine off as he is sending diesel fumes our way he tells me very impolitely (using a certain anglo saxon expletive) that it is none of my business even if he is wasting his own fuel.

In Westminster there is a considerate builder scheme. Any views before I raise this idea with my councillors? Doubt whether it is a runner.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Incosiderate builders - baggydave - 11-10-2008 04:26 PM
RE: Inconsiderate builders - roz - 14-10-2008, 09:42 PM