SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
New Street Name: "Moonlight Drive" - Objection Deadline
Hillman

19-03-2015 12:33 PM

New Street Name: Moonlight Drive SE23 Deadline 26 March

This is the proposed name of the access road leading to Moore Park Garage and to the new houses being built off Wood Vale SE23 to the side of the butcher shop.

Notices have been posted by Lewisham Council inviting any objections. I have objected, suggesting that the name is open to ridicule and have offered many other names with local links.

My objections have been turned down because, and I quote:

“The name Moonlight Drive has been accepted by both Fire Brigade and Royal Mail. I am afraid that your reasons for not liking the name is a personal taste and therefore does not meet the criteria”

One wonders what is the purpose of posting notices inviting objections when it seems a fait accompli – already decided ! What about local democracy? Even the LBL Street Naming division on the LBL website says that 3 names will be offered by a developer for consideration.

As a side issue, the developer is not making the access way because it already exists – does he have any influence anyway ?

Lewisham Council have not responded to these further queations and the 26th March deadline is approaching.

Councillor Paul Upex appears to be on side.

You may or may not like the name but this doesn't seem right somehow.

This post was last modified: 19-03-2015 12:34 PM by Hillman.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
New Street Name: "Moonlight Drive" - Objection Deadline - Hillman - 19-03-2015 12:33 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  School applications deadline OakR 1 3,345 15-01-2015 02:00 PM
Last Post: OakR