SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Lewisham Life magazine
derbybill

06-03-2015 05:08 PM

On the post Council Housing and Immigration someone called 152047 put this at the end:

"Meanwhile I notice yet another utterly pointless edition of Lewisham Life has been delivered. The person responsible for this really must lead a charmed life to have kept their job with money so tight for every other budget."

I am not a Council employee, nor an elected Councillor, nor even the person with the charmed life, but I do read this little magazine when it arrives on my doormat four times per year.
I don't know about the financing of Lewisham Life, but almost 10 out of the 32 pages in the latest copy are advertising, which obviously offsets the costs and it is the only communication from the Council which is delivered to every household in Lewisham.

Among the items in this "utterly pointless edition" is an explanation of the new electoral registration system, which will particularly affect young people and students who may be among the thousands of people known to be missing from the register in Lewisham.
Help to get a job, develop your skills, notice of the June Lewisham Job Fair that attracted 1,300 people last year; starting a business for those over 50; who needs all that?
Full details of SELDOC, the organisation that can get a GP out to visit you, or your child or your elderly relative, in the middle of the night; utterly pointless information!

Not every person in Lewisham has got a computer or a smart phone, so what's wrong with providing an occasional piece of essential printed information that doesn't rely on a battery or a broadband connection?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Lewisham Life magazine - derbybill - 06-03-2015 05:08 PM
RE: Lewisham Life magazine - derbybill - 09-03-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: Lewisham Life magazine - Erekose - 09-03-2015, 02:32 PM
RE: Lewisham Life magazine - rshdunlop - 09-03-2015, 02:34 PM
RE: Lewisham Life magazine - 152047 - 16-04-2015, 09:38 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lewisham Life - Soviet era propaganda or just and egregious waste of money? 152047 10 11,987 21-12-2011 10:53 PM
Last Post: Deano